Sunday, August 14, 2005

Kathy's Connection

Communication Training/Coaching and Speaking this Week

Spent two days in Kent, Washington training fourteen dedicated people who are locating positions for people with disabilities--"Job Development." With the jobless rate of 70 percent for people with disabilities they are working to become more efficient. O'Neill and Associates based in Seattle, WA realized my business communication experience would be helpful so they hired me to do the training.

I was pleased to teach participants how to:

Develop resumes that will get attention
Develop cover letters
Network Effectively
Write effective handwritten notes
Hints to keep track of their new networking contacts

I came home feeling very good for I felt that the two days were very effective--plus, there was lots of laughter.

COMMUNICATION HINT

The word "try" contains very little energy. If someone told you they would "try" to get the report
done by 3:00 p.m. would you believe they would do it?"

I'd suggest you work to eliminate "try" from your vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment