Sunday, December 04, 2005

CAREER FACILITATOR KEEPS THE FUNNEL FULL

This year I am going to spend the holidays in Texas. My 86 year old mother moved from Wisconsin in June and now she's living in 85 degree weather. Have to say, I am looking foward to the sunshine.

However, with that being said, I realized I had to be ready to hit the ground running when I come back. Thus, it is all the more important that I have a number of appointments set up to talk about future training and speaking.

I am pleased to say that there appears to be a new attitude forming about "in person training." On-line training is not meeting the needs of individuals for it does not get employees up and away from their daily tasks--most spend hours in front of their computer screen just to do their work. They need more human interaction.

People ask me how I keep getting appointments with decision makers. The answer is easy---I ask to meet with them.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

When deciding on which networking event to go to, consider who will be attending. If you want to meet the decision makers you should consider fund raising events. Yes, these events cost more, yet, you can be pretty sure the heads of organizations will be attending the $75 and up events.

No comments:

Post a Comment