Sunday, March 05, 2006

Kathy's Connection

EXECUTIVE COACH AND CAREER FACILITATOR UNDERSTANDS THE IMPORTANCE OF STAYING IN TOUCH

Recently, I have been the recipient of some wonderful notes from people I have not heard from in
a long time. We get so busy we lose touch with people
and then "think" it has been too long since we talked that "They probably wouldn't remember me or care if I was in touch with them."

I have discovered the opposite is true. There is nothing better than getting a phone call or a note from someone that you met at a conference or on a trip. It tells the receiver that you made some difference in her life--whether it was just an "aha moment" or quiet respite of time in a busy day where honest communication took place.

You can call it networking --- I prefer to call it
connecting with people and building relationships.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

If you are a professional, you will probably have a need for a resume some time in the near future. I don't mean you are going to be an employee on the way out, I mean you may need it for a grant application, an introduction of you or the expansion of your company. Keep a running list of your accomplishments. It will make it much easier to pull them together when you really need them.

Encourage your friends to sign up for Weekly*Wisdom on my website. They'll start the week out on a positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment