Sunday, June 18, 2006

Kathy's Connection

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND CAREER FACILITATOR ENJOYS COFFEE AND LUNCH DATES


As a professional with time as my asset, it is really important that I keep track of where I spending my time. Volunteer work? How much? I have figured out through Rotary I have the ability to really give back to my community on a number of projects.

Recently, I went to my ACT program and decided to get in touch with a number of people that I was "Thinking it would be great to connect with." It was such a pleasure for the person at the other end of the phone seemed delighted that I called.

It was a fun week and most important, I learned a great deal about the people I called. It was great!

I plan to do it again on Tuesday.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

Read a biography. Fascinating what you learn about
an individual when you read about his/her life. Most
of the time there are one-liners that really seem to
create an "aha."

No comments:

Post a Comment