Monday, May 14, 2007

EXECUTIVE COACH AND SPEAKER AND TRAINER NETWORKS IN COMMUNITY

When I am home, it is great to connect with people in my community. This week I had a great lunch with Beth Quartarolo, President of Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce.
http://vancouverusa.com

Since I worked for non-profits for twenty-two years, I understood how people have a great ideas and the staff is often overwhelmed with just keeping up with day-to-day activities. It was great to work through some ideas and I was impressed how willing she was to step forward herself to help implement a new "idea." Stayed tuned, we're in the planning stages.

Then Thursday night I was off to help Pacific LifeStyle Homes http://pacificlifestylehomes.com celebrate their 11th Anniversary in their great Design Showroom. Wonderful concept, you walk into their show room after you have bought a house and then in one place you can select everything from door handles, to floors, to lights. On top of everything it was a great party and I connected with people I hadn't seen in quite a long time.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

When you are planning your vacation, make sure that you remember to have some appointments scheduled on your calendar the following week. I have learned to keep the first day back totally clear of appointments ---there is lots to catch up and if you have been traveling you'll appreciate the time so you can unpack etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment