Sunday, September 30, 2007

EXECUTIVE COACH AND BUSINESS COMMUNICATION CONTINUES HER EFFORTS TO CONNECT WITH PEOPLE

Developing plans or goals certainly can help one stay on her path much better. I had decided that I was going to start calling up people that sounded interesting, and yet, really hadn't gotten a chance to sit down and really talk.

This week I reconnected with three different people and all of them proved to be fun and relaxing to be around. I met one for lunch, one for coffee and still another for cocktails at the end of the day. Since I know I have a high need for variety, varying the venues was truly the right thing to do for my lifestyle.

None of these events would have happened if I hadn't made a conscious decision to get out more.

Oh yes, Saturday I had ballroom dancing lessons at a private home. Let's just say, I was relieved when an elegant, gracious lady and dancer told me she had been taking lessons for 5.5 years. Perhaps, there is hope for me. I certainly learned ballroom dancing is a learned skill.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

If you travel a great deal and find yourselves in rental cars often, it may be time for you to consider purchasing a GPS. My brother helped me pick out the Garmin Nuvi 350. It is about the size of a pack of cards and has voice directions, that even tells you which side an exit is on a freeway.

Lunch time? Put in the kind of food you would like and the GPS tells you which ones are nearby. In San Diego, my training partner and I found a restaurant on the water, 1.4 miles from our training site. Perfect.

Check out http://megagps.com


No comments:

Post a Comment