Sunday, September 09, 2007

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TRAINER SPEAKER AND TRAINER VISITS REMBRANDT EXHIBIT AT PORTLAND ART MUSEUM

Around us are so many events that we read about and think "I'd like to go that." Then we busy ourselves with activities and forget about it. My schedule had been so up in the air as I worked to support my family through my Mother's illness and subsequent passing. Once Mom had passed on I started to rebuild my life and put activities into it that I knew I would enjoy. I purchased tickets for the Rembrandt Exhibit and a lecture that provided additional insight about the artist.

Last Thursday, I went to the Portland Art Museum at the assigned time and went through the exhibit with the outstanding audio tour. I learned so much and the beauty and detail of the paintings are impossible to describe. Two hours later I came out totally refreshed and accomplished so much once I returned to the office.

The following evening a lecture at the museum provided me with an insight of Rembrandt the man. He was an avid art collector and many of the objects he collected show up in this paintings. Apparently, his personality was very complex and, thus, researchers are continuously making new discoveries in his paintings and prints.

I walked out of the lecture and went to my car with a spring in my step -- It had been a lovely evening.....I learned and I had fun....perfect combination.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIPS:

Magazines piling up? When you travel by plane, they are the perfect thing to take with you. As you read them, you can toss them out and your load gets lighter for two reasons: 1. Physically your carry-on weighs less and 2. You no longer feel guilty about the magazines piling up that you are paying for and never get to.


No comments:

Post a Comment