Sunday, October 14, 2007

EXECUTIVE COACH AND BUSINESS COMMUNICATION EXPERT ATTENDS NEW MUSICAL ABOUT CELILO FALLS

Out my window is the mighty Columbia River -- A river that divides the state of Washington and Oregon. Two bridges connect my hometown of Vancouver to Portland, Oregon.

Because of my location, it is important that I read the two major newspapers to keep up-to-date on events that are taking place in both cities. I had been reading about a musical that had been developed in Portland that was providing an insight to life on the Columbia before the large Bonneville Dam was completed in 1957.

Last Friday night I had the opportunity to see this outstanding event--now I understand why they are performing to sold out audiences; and even that evening announced that they had added still another performance.

It actually is called the "Ghosts of Celilo" --- I'm betting it will be performed at additional venues in our nation. Not only did bring together photography, computer technology and outstanding set design, it provided an opportunity for us to learn about the lives of native people who lived on the river before the dam was open.

The energy of the children was contagious and the language and music could not help but lift one's spirits. Yet, all the while a serious story was woven through the dialog.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:


I recently ordered the book: "The Complete Travel Detective Bible" by Peter Greenberg. Couldn't put it down. If you do any amount of traveling, this up-to-date guide is a must.


No comments:

Post a Comment