Monday, October 27, 2008

EXECUTIVE COACH, SPEAKER AND TRAINER TAKES TIME OUT TO SEE THE MOVIE "A MAN NAMED PEARL"

One of my favorite sections of my local newspaper is the section that arrives on Thursday. It talks about the events that are coming up in our area for the weekend. Last Thursday there was a review of the movie "A Man Named and Pearl". The review stated it was a terrific movie, yet it was illusive about the actual content. All I knew it was uplifting and about a man who did topiary.

Friday night had no plans--now I did. I settled in with my popcorn and my Dr. Pepper. (Yes, at the movie I actually do drink soda--okay it is a habit--have to have it with popcorn.) Looking around I could see that the movie had attracted families.

What unfolded was the wonderful story of a man who made a difference with his friends, neighbors and citizens of the small town of Bishopville, South Carolina. It wasn't long before I was admiring his skills. A local nursery gave Pearl permission to look through its castoffs of plants. Pearl turned them into things of true beauty. Those plants in turn into a beautiful yard. The yard, in turn, turned into a beautiful garden that is attracting people from all over the world.

Yet, it was Pearl's own story, in his words, that truly made this movie so uplifting. His wisdom, is simple and easy to implement. So often we forget that it is "the little things." that make a difference. http://www.amannamedpearl.com

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

Read the ads in your newspaper. There are so many things that are offered in your area that you might find extremely useful for your personal life or career. Thank goodness I read this ad about this movie--it was good for me both personally and professionally.




No comments:

Post a Comment