Monday, November 03, 2008

EXECUTIVE COACH, SPEAKER AND TRAINER HEADS TO OCEAN PARK, WASHINGTON BEACH

The month of October seems like a blur. Family health issues, helping a friend out who has a cancerous brain tumor and then getting a bug that was hard to shake. Felt like I wasn't getting a grip back on my life. So called my favorite resort at the beach. It was available, so headed there for three days.

Packed my car with favorite food, filled the car with gas and headed out. About a half hour out I could feel myself relaxing. The drive along the Columbia River was spectacular as the fall leaves were at peak color.

Got to Long Beach and bought a dozen oysters in the shell, stopped at my favorite bakery and arrived in the brilliant sunlight at the resort. Unpacked, poured myself a glass of wine and just looked at the ocean.

This morning, as I was getting ready to return home after three terrific days, I realized how different I felt. Frankly, I am proud of myself for figuring out just what I needed to renew myself.

Oh yes, sand dollars are common on the beach this time of year --- I'm pleased to say I found one--it was just waiting for me.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

When people ask you to join their social network, make sure you know them or that you interview them and you feel confident they are good at what they do. Remember you are judged by the people with whom you hang around with......






No comments:

Post a Comment