Saturday, November 08, 2008

EXECUTIVE COACH, SPEAKER AND TRAINER GOES TO WORDSTOCK IN PORTLAND TO LEARN ABOUT THE PUBLISHING WORLD

Writing a book takes skill. In addition, it takes dedication. I still still remember how difficult it was sitting in front of my computer the last two months. I did learn how important it was to make yourself a deadline so that you keep on task.

Now that the book is published the process of promoting it seems to bring new learnings each day. Today I went to Wordstock in Portland, Oregon. Gathered together were publishers, printers, and writers sharing the excitement of their crafts.

This was a world I hadn't experienced before. I made some good contacts with Portland State University and the University of Oregon. Yet, more importantly, I came away more committed to continuing my writing.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

Anthony Robbins once told a group of us that it is important to take yourself out of your normal life so you can get a different perspective. For example, city dwelllers would benefit from visiting a farm. If you work in the high-tech industry, a visit to a school where the focus is the arts.








No comments:

Post a Comment