Tuesday, November 25, 2008

EXECUTIVE COACH, SPEAKER AND TRAINER HAS A DAY FILLED WITH CONTRADICTIONS

It seemed the challenge of the day was to keep upbeat. Headlines in my morning paper, especially the business section, brings more news of lower profits. Turn TV on and the news says, we haven't seen anything yet!

Friend loses her job with the same group after 26 years. Sister reports a health issues, though not life threatening not good news. Miss an appointment because I forgot to write it down.

Weather miserable, cold and raining.

AND then a phone call from a friend who has landed a great job in his field of interest--no question this is a path where he can use his innate skills. Couldn't be happier for him. I had introduced him to his new employer.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:


A very wise mentor told me years ago something that I thought was a very strange thing to do. He said, "When something good happens and you were part of it, write it down. You will forget how you impacted others. When you get down, that is when you should pick up the special book where you are recording your actions." I am going to make a new entry tonight and read my book.



No comments:

Post a Comment