Saturday, April 10, 2010




LEARN TECHNOLOGY ONE DAY AT A TIME

In order to keep up with change that is occurring in our world, it is important one keep an open mind about technology. Gadgets abound that can, perhaps, make our life easier. Yet, in most cases, there is a learning curve. The issue is too many of us do not take the time to learn how to use these gadgets or use them to only a portion of their abilities.

Yesterday I wrote down the goal of learning something new about technology every day of my life. It sounds like a big goal.

My first technology lesson to me was figuring out how to connect with my sister in Beijing. After about 20 minutes I thought I had it figured it out and tested Skype with a friend locally. It worked!

Last night we had a great conversation from her living room in China while I comfortably talked to her from my den. She certainly did not seem far away and it was good seeing her smile again.

Today, I got my wireless printer hooked up. Abet the wireless part isn’t quite figured out yet, but hey it prints perfectly and I’m on my way.

It is my belief one needs to have some kind of plan to learn about technology. If not she will be left so far behind in a very short time with her ability to communicate with the younger generations.

I am going to keep a list of what technology I learn every day. This Executive Coach and Speaker teaches improving communication skills….I better keep up to date on the tools that are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment