Sunday, January 08, 2006

Kathy's Connection

CAREER FACILITATOR VISITS FAMILY IN TEXAS

My 86 year old mother moved to southern Texas (Mission, Texas) in the middle of June from Wisconsin where she had lived all her life. It was time to be near family and my sister knew there was a great community to support her efforts to help make the change as easy as possible for Mom.

The 80 degree plus weather I experience was far superior to the rainy weather in the Northwest all the while I was gone.

It was interesting to learn more about the Mary Kay orgranization since my sister serves as the computer person for a woman, Nancy King, who received her pink cadillac the day after I left. I was impressed with two things: The emphasis on excellent customer service and the support for people from the corporate office.

Processes have been developed and when they work well, they are duplicated and taught to people in the field. Yet, there is always an eye to making an improvement if it proves to be more efficient or enhances customer service.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

A recent customer service survey revealed that less than 50 percent of people walking into a store were greeted by a staff member. My belief it much of the reason is that the staff member is either talking to other staff members or a recent trend...talking on a cellphone.

Train your staff to say "Hello" with a smile and look the customer in the eye. The customer will feel significant and special when she walks into your store.

No comments:

Post a Comment