Monday, August 14, 2006

Kathy's Connection

EXECUTIVE COACH AND CAREER FACILITOR HAS COFFEE ONE ON ONE

A couple of months ago I sat back and took time to think about how I wanted to organize my life. It seemed like I was on a treadmill. I knew there were a number of people that I really wanted to connect with over meals or coffee. Some of them renewing old friendships and others were "Let's get to know each other since our paths keep crossing."

I looked at my ACT program and started mapping out which people I wanted to call up. I set up a couple of these events a week. I quickly learned that not only was I renewing old friendships and meetings, I was also being given an opportunity to update people specifically on my talents and abilities.

More importantly, I was feeling totally alive!

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

Keep a notebook with a lists of things you need to do. I mean everything. I labeled sections: Business, Personal and Household. Once things are written down I can forget about them for I know I will check the book daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment