Monday, December 04, 2006

Kathy's Connection

EXECUTIVE COACH AND CAREER FACILITATOR CONTINUES ORGANIZATIONAL PLAN

For a while it looked like I wasn't going to accomplish my goal of having EVERY room and drawer gone through my house by the end of the year. Since I work from home that also included my office!!!!

Okay, I used the excuse that I am creative and that is how creative people have their office ---LOTS of papers with ideas that "might" work etc. Well it wasn't working for me. I was to the point that I couldn't find things when I needed them. Since I have the belief I never lose anything, I knew it would show up, yet it didn't help when I needed it immediately.

Then I made a decision about the direction that I wanted to go in 2007 -- More speaking, training and writing. Since I decided on the umbrella "Communications in the Workplace" that narrowed the subjects I needed to keep information on in my files.

Many wastepaper baskets later taken to the recyling bin have resulted in an office that truly is a pleasure to walk into it.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

Even if you do not get a position you apply for,
write a note and thank the Hiring Manager for giving
you the opportunity to be interviewed. Not only is it a
terrific thing to do, you never know the person officially
hired might not work out......you won't be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment