Monday, September 05, 2005

CAREER FACILITATOR MAKES OWN EMERGENCY PLANS

After watching an hour of news Friday night, I called my daughter, Tami, just to say "I love you." As we talked, we realized we had no emergency plans to get in touch with each other if anything major happened.

It is all the more important in my case for my family is spread all over the world. My daughter, Tami and her husband Chris, live in Olympia, Washignton and my daugher Kara her fiancee Dominique, live in Brussels, Beligum. I live in Vancouver, Washington. (America's Vancouver)

My mother and sister live in Mission, Texas -- they were 80 miles from hurricane, Emily in July. I was never so glad in my life to have them answer the phone the next morning -- I think of the thousands who were not so fortunate with this storm. Then my terrific brother, Bruce, lives in Madison, Wisconsin (My state of birth)

Tami gave me this website:



Then this morning I read in the paper that Target will donate $10 on each Emergency Kit that is bought through them to the Red Cross. They cost: $29.95



I am proud to be a member of Rotary International. Right now we members are holding back waiting to hear where we can be the most help. My guess is not only will it be welcomed funds, but also professionals who have the skills to help our fellow US citizens.



No comments:

Post a Comment