Sunday, February 12, 2006

Kathy's Connection

Executive Coach/Career Facilitor Speaks at 2006 Seattle Workforce Conference

Since I teach networking/connecting with people I used what I teach. The Keynote Speaker opening the conference was Joe Estey. I went up to him and extended my hand and said "Hi Joe, I am Kathy Condon." He smiled and said "I know about you -- glad to meet you, Kathy."

It turned out that Joe lives in Vancouver, Washington about 4 miles from me. He is a national motiviation speaker that got the conference off on an energetic note. Since then we have connected and we are having coffee next week.

Next I went to a breakout session being given by Barbara Russell, President of the National Career Development Association..the Association that granted me my Global Career Development Certification.

I had communicated with Barbara before, yet because the national headquarters is in Oklahoma, I assumed she lived back East. I extended my hand and said "Hi Barbara, I'm one of your GCDF's. She smiled and said "I know, Kathy, I have been looking forward to meeting you for I read your articles all the time."

It turns out that Barabara lives 15 miles from me in Battle Ground, Washington. She had been watching me from very nearby and I wasn't even aware. Barbara and I sat in the hotel lobby for over an hour and half talked about ways we can work together in the future.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

When going to conferences, be sure you introduce
yourself to the speakers and workshop presenters. One nevers knows what one will discover--often it means important partnerships.

Sign up for Weekly Wisdom-A positive way to start the week at http://www.kathycondon.info

No comments:

Post a Comment