Sunday, October 01, 2006

EXECUTIVE COACH AND CAREER FACILITATOR ATTENDS TWO INFORMATIVE SEMINARS

Keeping with my motto of never quit learning, I attended two one-half day seminars this past week.

Bafa Bafa --- was conducted under the auspices of Clark Community College here in Vancouver, Washington. Approximately 80 people were divided into two different countries--one with a formal language and based on individuals succeeding on his/her own. The other one had a matriarchal structure and stressed the importance of relationships with each other.

It was interesting for I was placed in the country where individual success was important. The first one-half hour I was enjoying it -- then the stress started as individual scores (successes) were put up on the chalk board. It wasn't long before I could feel my shoulders getting stressed --- I wanted the game to end.

For the last 1.5 hours we were all put together and learned the "rules" of the individual countries. A huge lesson on diversity and how our perceptions can get us in trouble--especially if we don't take time to understand another's culture.

I learned a great deal AND am extremely pleased that I have had the good fortunate of visiting my daughter, Kara, in Belgium on a regular basis. She has made me much more aware, yet, this seminar pointed out I still have much to learn.

WORKFORCE SEMINAR SPONORED BY IQ CREDIT UNION

This seminar provided a great overview of issues that are facing owners and managers of companies on a regular basis --- whether it be streamlining processes or attracting/keeping qualified employees.

It was great to learn what tools are available and where to go when one needs help. The moral of this event was -- if you need help, ask--there are tools available throughout our community.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION SKILLS

If you are a small business and you dislike the aspect of your company that requires you do your accounting and invoices, find help quickly. The sooner you get help, the sooner you will relieve the pressure from your "must do" list and the more accurate your records will be --- Your taxes will be so much easier.




No comments:

Post a Comment