Monday, November 06, 2006

Kathy's Connection

EXECUTIVE COACH AND CAREER FACILITATOR MAKES TRAINING TRIP TO LAKE TAHOE

While on the trip to Austin to give my keynote, I got a call that asked if I could fill in for a trainer that had to bow out of a scheduled training. I said "Yes." Then the flurry of arrangements began so I could get to Lake Tahoe six days later.

Called a dear friend who lives near Sacramento and she was available to go with me. She met me at the Saramento airport and we were on our way for a great adventure. The weather stayed warm so the rain, fortunately, did not turn to snow.

Sixty-five people where waiting for me the next morning -- District 7 from the Workability Program. What a delightful group -- open and eager to learn new tools for working with youth under 18 years old with special needs.

For six hours I provided them with practical tools that are very easy to institute. It didn't take them long to realized the tools I was giving them were ones they can use in their personal lives as well.

At the end of the day, while tired from giving them my "all", I walked up to my suite and felt like one of the most fortunate people in the world. I truly am living/working in a career -- a career that has the potential to make a big impact on the lives of individuals.

BUSINESS COMMUNITION TIP:

My friend, Scott Ginsberg (The Nametag Guy) gave me this great suggestion. When you are presenting, buy a postcard with a picture of the city you are in. Write on the back of it the details of your presentations...audience size, topic etc.

Scott mails it to himself ---- I opt to take it with me so I do not have to fuss with postage. Thanks for the idea Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment