Monday, December 17, 2007

EXECUTIVE COACH RECEIVES GIFT WHILE DONATING HER TIME FOR THE SALVATION ARMY

Saturday morning I awoke to a bright day here in the Northwest. Went to the gym and did my workout , came home and sat down with my morning coffee to read the newspaper.

Then it was time to bundle up for my Vancouver Rotary Club had arranged for a number of us to ring the bell for the Salvation Army http/www.salvationarmy.org

Rotarian, Bruce Hagensen, and I rang our bells and opened the door for both those entering and exiting Nordstrom's north door. It was fun to watch their smiles and we got many "thank yous." Nothing better than watching little children so seriously putting coins into the bucket.

About half way through our hour, a van pulled up and a young woman said "Would you like a cup of hot chocolate?" A member got out and said "We're an outreach group, and we decided our gift would be hot chocolate for all the bell ringers. What a pleasant, happy surprise.
Perfect!

My shift was over. Since my car was parked, I decided to enter the mall. My holiday shopping is done, so I knew I didn't have to stand in lines. I looked at the decorations and then all of a sudden, there was beautiful music coming from the first floor. I stopped and listen to the young people sing. What a wonderful treat?

I came home and thought "What a beautiful morning!" I contributed an hour of my time and received sooooo much back.

No comments:

Post a Comment