Saturday, June 14, 2008

EXECUTIVE COACH, SPEAKER AND AUTHOR PRESENTS AT HEALTH COMMUNICATORS OF OREGON CONFERENCE

Friday the brilliant sun came out in the Northwest. I was pleased for I needed to make the journey to Woodburn, Oregon to present at the Health Communicators of Oregon Conference.
http://www.hcoregon.org

I got there early and was warmly welcome by committee members. The energy in the room was high and people were intent on collecting the information being presented so that they could take it back to their respective organizations.

Ken Cole, Director of Public Relations for the Southwest Washington Medical Center had asked me to meet with me before the conference. We brainstormed some ideas and then today was the day for me to bring those ideas together for a one-hour presentation.

My presentation was entitled "It's All About Communication." I reminded participants that that there are three things necessary for communication: Help people feel important, ask questions and listen to the answers.

It was a good day. As I drove home, I thought, again, how fortunate I am to have a career that I totally enjoy.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

Often one sends handouts ahead of time to an organization so they print/and pay for your copies. When you travel to a destination, be sure you take a clean copy just in case there has been a mix up and your handouts are not on site. That way you can run out to the nearest copy place and no one will be the wiser.


No comments:

Post a Comment