Thursday, August 06, 2009

HOME IS NOW IN PALM SPRINGS FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME

Through many “coincidences”, I find myself writing to you from Palm Springs. It seemed only appropriate that the readers of my blog are the first ones I thought of this morning as I woke up to beautiful sunshine on the mountains.


View out my window of "home".

During the past two months, I have been setting things up at my Vancouver, Washington home to take an extended leave to move to Palm Springs. A project surfaced to serve as Fundraising Director the Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association (PRCA) Frank Bogart Memorial Rodeo. The last rodeo held in Palm Springs was 40 years ago. Perfect position for me to use my networking skills to help make this happen. Imagine the stories I will have to prove my networking and business communication points.

Meanwhile, my career of speaking, training, and writing continues –just working from a different “home” base. For the next month living in a friends’ beautiful casita (separate living quarters from the house). As my Mom always said “Taking life one day at time.” So yesterday was the official arrival and greeting by two dear friends. Getting groceries and unpacking. Today, it is back to official work—well most of the day. It seems my friend has invited me to CD Release party at VIP reception at one of the local grand hotels. Hey, I’m networking.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:


Snap decisions can sometimes get you in trouble, if a life doesn’t depend on it, suggest that you tell the caller that you will call them back with the decision– give them a specific time. Gives you a deadline so you do not procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment