Sunday, April 02, 2006

Kathy's Connection

EXECUTIVE COACH AND CAREER FACILITATOR RECEIVES GREAT MAIL

Months ago I was asked to write an article for a book about how technology affects my day-to-day life. Lisa Whaley had found me on the internet and asked me to submit chapter for possible inclusion in her new book "Prisoners of Technology."

I smiled for I thought "That will be easy." The article came out easily and I submitted it. Then the email came and "Lisa, said "Kathy, thank you, I am pretty sure I will be including it in the book."

The contract came and I returned it to her smiling for it was fun to know that my writing talent was being use for a new purpose.

This week the book arrived with a forward by Dave Vaskevich, a VP at Microsoft. I found my contribution and smiled as I read it -- Yes, it still sounds like one of my days.

I smiled even more when I turned to the back of the book and read they large bio about me.....Yes, great marketing!!!

It hasn't been released to bookstores or amazons yet, though you can order a copy through her website:

http://www.lisawhaley.com

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

If you use Power Point for your presentations, please note research reveals that medium blue-dark blue background with yellow print is the easiest for your clients to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment