Monday, July 10, 2006

Kathy's Connection

EXECUTIVE COACH AND CAREER FACILITATOR RECOMMENDS MOVIE

It is rare that I watch a movie twice at the movie theatre. Yet, this past week I saw "Peace Warrior," a movie based on the life of Dan Millman, a gymnast, twice.

There were so many great one-liners that I knew I had to see it again to catch even more of the great wisdom that came from this movie. Nick Nolte is outstanding as the wise man.

Through a visual image of a ladybug on a piece of grass in the park, I finally got it --- Life never stays the same. I have heard that over and over again, yet did not have it intellectually in my mind. As I watched the lady bug, I realized--everything is changing around me all the time.

It made me understand the importance of being present -- for example, I noticed the outstanding flowers around the park where I was attending a concert. I took time to really look at them. They truly were beautiful.

I can honestly say that is one of the best movies I have ever seen about the human spirt and the will to grow and be the best you can be.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

Jack Canfield said on a recent teleseminar:

Read 20 minutes a day.
Exercise 20 minutes a day.
Quiet your mind 20 minutes a day.

If you do this, watch your life soar to new heights.



No comments:

Post a Comment