Saturday, July 22, 2006

Kathy's Connection

EXECUTIVE COACH AND CAREER FACILITATOR DAY OFF, AGAIN, BRINGS GREAT REWARDS

I got a bit off track taking the full day off -- no emails or telephone and doing something totally different --- and I am pleased that I got back on track.

Friday, a friend, Gayle Beacock, and I went on a tour of the Columbia Gorge with the Columbia Land Trust. The organization that is working to conserve thousands of acres in the Columbia Gorge, under the leadership of Glenn Lamb, Executive Director.

Two hours from Vancouver/Portland area we were viewing miles of land that had no sign of human beings--just the Klickitat River, the valley and canyon.

We chose the hottest day of the year--heat rose to 110 degrees --- I guess that is why the Native Americans weren't standing on their fishing platforms perched on the edge of the river. Thank goodness for air conditioned SUVs.

My mind was cleared of business chattered and replaced with possibilities. So many new ideas and viewpoints that are impossbile to describe. Once again, I am reminded how much more there is to see in this great Northwest.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

From the book "The Other 90% by Robert Cooper.

"Talents are instinctive, naturally recurring patterns of thought, feeling or behavior that can be enhanced by new knowledge, skills and experience."

No comments:

Post a Comment