Monday, July 28, 2008

EXECUTIVE COACH, SPEAKER AND TRAINER SPENDS THE WEEKEND VOLUNTEERING

When one is self-employed she has to be careful that she does not get so caught up "helping" her community that she doesn't pay attention to building and maintaining her business. Last weekend I made a decision to devote my time to my community for two organizations that I totally believe in.

VANCOUVER ROTARY CLUB

Saturday my Vancouver Rotary Club spent one-half day developing a five-year plan. Twenty-five us opened our minds and used our creative talents to present new concepts and endorse current paths our club is following. At the end of the morning there was a clear consensus on many issues.

There is still a great deal of work to be done. Those of us there felt we were the true winners. We now understand the "why" of many projects we are doing AND the fellowship between all of us was terrific.

VANCOUVER NATIONAL HISTORIC RESERVE TRUST
http://www.vnhrt.org

I live in a large condo complex and have access to a wonderful community room. I asked the Executive Director of the Reserve, Elson Strahan, if we could have a presentation on this great asset to our condo association. Sunday afternoon he brought five staff, wisdom, food and wine to our organization. Even though I have been connected with the Reserve for a number of years, I learned new things that are happening. It was an afternoon of fellowship and learning.

I woke up this morning feeling freshed and even more glad that I live in this commununity-Vancouver, Washington.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

Traveling to a new country and want to learn some basic words to use on your trip?
Try out this amazing free website:

http://www.livemocha.com






No comments:

Post a Comment