Thursday, July 24, 2008

EXECUTIVE COACH, SPEAKER AND TRAINER'S SISTER MAKES IT THROUGH HURRICANE DOLLY OKAY

Many of you know I have a sister in southern Texas right in the tip of the state. It was an anxious 24 hours for our family. I was in touch with her constantly and initially the weather forecaster said it wasn't going to be real bad. By the time it picked up intensity, it was too late to have residents go to shelters. Residents were just told to stay inside.

With each phone call I could hear the increased tension in my sister's voice. The winds kept coming and coming. At one point a large tree about 2 ft. in diameter trunk was blown sideways four feet and hit my sister's house. Amazing the power of the wind. That blow took a bite out of her roof....though that was the extent of damage to her home. Let's not talk about what her yard looks like--some beloved trees are going to have to be cut down.

Janet said, "If this is a Category l storm--I'm out of here if there is ever warning of a Category 2." She experienced the slowest moving hurricane recorded in the U.S. Fourteen hours of wind took a tow on her and the other residents in Mission, Texas.

With a spirit of community, every able body person is working together to clean up their area. Knowing my sister, once that is done....she'll go out to help others not so fortunate.

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

Tracking passwords. My brother gave me the idea of using a small loose-leaf notebook to record my passwords. Each site is filed alphabetically, so it is easy to turn the page and find the password used for that website.


No comments:

Post a Comment