Friday, July 04, 2008

EXECUTIVE COACH, SPEAKER AND AUTHOR TRAVELS DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE.

June was a month of traveling --- training in Atlanta, San Jose and Sacramento. In addition I made a trip to Fresno to help with the development of a Leadership Training Series for the California State Department of Rehabilitation and the California Department of Behavior Mental Health.

During the time in Fresno I facilitated a meeting. I discovered that I really enjoyed facilitating groups who are working toward a common goal. What is interesting, it was a matter of using my communication tools that I teach people on a regular basis. One of those tools is watch body language and make sure people are asked for their input. Often the quietest person in the room is sitting there with a great solution. Everyone had the opportunity to share, we laughed and I had fun. Trusting more facilitation gigs will come my way.

With the California wild fires, air quality proved to be problematic. A couple of years ago, I learned to take a decongestant when I fly and use saline spray. Have to admit, I lost the battle with the air and ended up with a sinus infection for the first time in years. Amazing how that can take one down....everything seemed to be such an effort accomplish here at home. Thanks to my doctor and a prescription, I'm doing fine---as my Dad would say "I'm on the way up."

BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TIP:

When you are ready to go on vacation, be sure to schedule some appointments for when you get back. Especially if you are self-employed, it is important for you have business connections lined up so you keep your business flowing in.





No comments:

Post a Comment